Senior Living in Englewood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Englewood, NJ: 07631
- Englewood scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Englewood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 69 hospitals within close range of the city, including Englewood Hospital And Medical Center, Holy Name Medical Center, and Hackensack University Medical Center.
- There are 341 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Inglemoor Center, Lillian Booth Actors Home, and The Lillian Booth Actors Home .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4212 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 219 golf courses in or around the city, including Overpeck County Golf Course, Knickerbocker Country Club, and Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Overpeck County Park, Tenafly Nature Center, and Inwood Hill Park.
- There are 1242 churches in or near the city, including Community Seventh Day Advent, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2636 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 220 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1109 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,105, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,675, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,534, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Englewood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Englewood has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Englewood has a dense population density of 5,523.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Englewood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Englewood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.16%.