Senior Living in Erin, New York
Top zip codes in Erin, NY: 14838
- Erin scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Erin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Waterford at Woodbridge, Appleridge Senior Living, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Soaring Eagles Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Chemung Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Gardner Hill Campground, Teal Park, and Eldridge Park.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Pius X Church, and St Casimir\'s Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,100, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,861, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,024, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Erin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Erin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Erin has a very sparse population density of 54.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Erin have an average daily commute time.
- Erin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.65%.