Senior Living in Erving, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Erving, MA: 01344
- Erving scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Erving scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Farren Care Center, Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center, and Quabbin Valley Healthcare.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Northfield Golf Club, Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Erving State Forest, Wendell State Forest, and Northfield Mountain Ski Center.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Church, Our Lady of Czestochowas Ch, and Our Lady of Peace Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,113, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,078, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,491, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Erving receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Erving has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Erving has a sparse population density of 109.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Erving have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Erving has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.87%.