Senior Living in Esopus, New York
Top zip codes in Esopus, NY: 12429
- Esopus scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Esopus scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, and St Francis Hospital.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Renaissance Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center, Penrose Manor, and Culinarians Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 161 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Dinsmore Golf Course, Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course, and New Paltz Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Shaupeneak Ridge Park, Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and Ogden & Ruth Livingston Mills.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Hyde Park Baptist Church, Reach Out Family Worship Ctr, and Hyde Park Methodist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 93 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,362, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $105,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,677, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Esopus receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Esopus has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Esopus has a sparse population density of 133.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Esopus have a very short daily commute time.
- Esopus has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.