Senior Living in Essex, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Essex, CT: 06426
- Essex scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Essex scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Essex Village Manor, Meadowbrook Manor, and Essex Meadows Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (50% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Old Lyme Country Club, Black Hall Club, and Clinton Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Florence Griswold Museum, Gillette Castle State Park, and Nehantic State Forest.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Episcopal Church, Our Lady of Sorrows Church, and First Congregational Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $171,548, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $97,794, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $80,545, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Essex receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Essex has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Essex has an average population density of 567.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Essex have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Essex has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.12%.