Senior Living in Essington, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Essington, PA: 19029
- Essington scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Essington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Keystone Center, and Crozer Chester Medical Center.
- There are 172 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Conner Williams Nursing Home, and White Cliff Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1248 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 170 golf courses in or around the city, including Springhaven Club, Springfield Country Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Governor Printz Park, John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 595 churches in or near the city, including St Gabriel\'s Roman Catholic, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 869 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 37 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 353 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,371, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,884, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,902, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Essington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Essington has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Essington has a dense population density of 1,717.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Essington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Essington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.27%.