Senior Living in Eugene, Oregon
- Eugene scores higher than the Oregon average of 67.
- Eugene scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Serenity Lane, Sacred Heart Medical Center - University District, and Sacred Heart Medical Center.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grammy Dee\'s House, Applegate Care Center, and Ya-Po-Ah Terrace Retirement Apartments.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 169 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakway Golf Course, Eugene Country Club, and Laurelwood Golf Course.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Skinner Butte Park, Wayne Morse Ranch City Park, and Amazon Park.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Catholic Church, Catholic Church-Eugene-St Mary, and Emmanuel Christian Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 116 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,066, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,686, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,741, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,380 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,120 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eugene receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Eugene has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Eugene has a dense population density of 1,953.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eugene have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Eugene has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.55%.