Senior Living in Eureka, California
- Eureka scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Eureka scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, General Hospital, and Mad River Community Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hall Avenue Rest Home, Chamberlain\'s Care Home, and Granada Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, Lp.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Eureka Municipal Golf, Baywood Golf & Country Club, and Redwood Empire Golf & Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Redwood Acres Fairgrounds, Fay Slough Wildlife Area, and Eureka KOA.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,531, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,151, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,511, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.49%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eureka receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Eureka has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Eureka has a dense population density of 1,841.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eureka have a very short daily commute time.
- Eureka has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.82%.