Senior Living in Everett, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Everett, MA: 02149
- Everett scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Everett scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 49 hospitals within close range of the city, including Soldiers Home In Massachusetts, Hallmark Health System, and Massachusetts Eye And Ear Infirmary.
- There are 261 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkview On The Cell, Golden LivingCenter-Dexter House, and Florence and Chafetz Home for Specialized Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1435 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 149 golf courses in or around the city, including Mount Hood Golf Course, Bellevue Golf Club, and Winthrop Golf Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Boston National Historical Park, Pine Banks Park, and Piers Park.
- There are 661 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God, Immaculate Conception, and Glendale United Methodist Ch.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 882 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 56 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 620 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,855, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,343, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,573, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.35%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Everett receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Everett has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Everett has a very dense population density of 12,127.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Everett have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Everett has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.12%.