Senior Living in Fairburn, Georgia
Top zip codes in Fairburn, GA: 30213
- Fairburn scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Fairburn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Anchor Hospital, Inner Harbour Hospitals, and Southwest Hospital & Med Ctr.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oasis of Love III, Fairburn Health Care Center, Inc., and Steller PCH.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 238 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Lakes Golf Club, Wendell Coffee Golf Center, and Chapel Hills Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Cochran Mill Nature Center, Cochran Mill Park, and Boundary Waters Park.
- There are 136 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Baptist Church, Campbellton Baptist Church, and Mt Vernon Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 95 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,351, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,373, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,360, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.98%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fairburn receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fairburn has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fairburn has a sparse population density of 458.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fairburn have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Fairburn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.35%.