Senior Living in Fairfield, Connecticut
- Fairfield scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Fairfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Vincent\'s Medical Center, Southwest Ct Mental Hlth Syst, and Bridgeport Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, The Watermark at 3030 Park, and The Jewish Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 344 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 147 golf courses in or around the city, including Brooklawn Country Club, Black Course at D. Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course, and Country Club of Fairfield.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Connecticut Audubon Society at Larsen Sanctuary, Seaside Park, and Sherwood Island State Park.
- There are 226 churches in or near the city, including Holy Family Church, Black Rock Congregational Chr, and St Emery\'s Rc Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 251 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 157 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $167,558, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $117,476, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $56,197, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fairfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Fairfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Fairfield has a dense population density of 2,411.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fairfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fairfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.84%.