Senior Living in Fairhope, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fairhope, PA: 15538
- Fairhope scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fairhope scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Meyersdale Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadow View Nursing Center, Golden LivingCenter - Meyersdale, and Johnson\'s Personal Care Homes.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Piney Run Golf Course, Cumberland Country Club, and Maplehurst Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Mnst, Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,787, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,606, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.80%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fairhope receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fairhope has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fairhope has a very sparse population density of 11.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fairhope have a long daily commute time.
- Fairhope has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.61%.