Senior Living in Fairlee, Vermont
Top zip codes in Fairlee, VT: 05045
- Fairlee scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Fairlee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley View Home For Retired, Blue Spruce Home For The Retired, and On The Green RCF.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Morey Inn Resort Country Club, Bradford Golf Club, and Hanover Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Jacobs Brook Campground, Rest-N-Nest Campground, and Bedell Bridge State Park.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Fairlee Community Church, West Fairlee Center Church, and Community Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,670, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,277, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,543, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.67%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fairlee receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fairlee has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fairlee has a very sparse population density of 34.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fairlee have an average daily commute time.
- Fairlee has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.33%.