Senior Living in Fallentimber, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fallentimber, PA: 16639
- Fallentimber scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fallentimber scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Miners Medical Center.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care, Colonial Courtyard, and Epworth Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Greenwood Golf Course, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Prince Gallitzin State Park).
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including St Joan of Arc Activities Ctr, Allemansville United Methodist, and St Augustine Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,728, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,447, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,545, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fallentimber receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Fallentimber has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fallentimber has a very sparse population density of 41.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fallentimber have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Fallentimber has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.74%.