Senior Living in Falls, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Falls, PA: 18615
- Falls scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Falls scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clarks Summit State Hospital, Mercy Tyler Hospital, and Allied Servs Rehab Hospital.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carl F Greenley Personal Care, Clarks Summit Senior Living, and Fatima Renewal Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Emanon Country Club, Four Seasons Golf Club, and Fox Hill Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cozy Creek Family Campground, McDade Park, and Frances Slocum State Park.
- There are 92 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, St Mary Church of the Lake, and St Cecilia\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,590, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,148, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,328, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Falls receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Falls has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Falls has a sparse population density of 101.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Falls have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Falls has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.27%.