Senior Living in Fallston, Maryland
Top zip codes in Fallston, MD: 21047
- Fallston scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Fallston scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center).
- There are 101 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Baldwin, Forest Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Greenfield Senior Living at Bel Air.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 253 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Winters Run Golf Club, Mt. Vista Golf Course, and Mountain Branch Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Harford Glen Park, Rocks State Park, and Cedar Lane Park.
- There are 127 churches in or near the city, including Fallston United Methodist Chr, St Mark Church, and Holy Communion Lutheran Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 94 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $124,445, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,429, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,783, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fallston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fallston has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Fallston has an average population density of 504.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fallston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Fallston has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.54%.