Senior Living in Farmingdale, Maine
Top zip codes in Farmingdale, ME: 04344
- Farmingdale scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Farmingdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Halldale Manor , Hillside Terrace, and Cotton Mill Apartments.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Kennebec Heights Country Club, Cobbossee Colony Golf, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Boys & Girls Club of America, City of Gardiner, and More To Life Campground.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Baptist Church, Maine District Church of Nazarene, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,958, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,826, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Farmingdale receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Farmingdale has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Farmingdale has a sparse population density of 262.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Farmingdale have a very short daily commute time.
- Farmingdale has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.68%.