Senior Living in Farmington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Farmington, CT: 06032
- Farmington scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Farmington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including John Dempsey Hospital, Hospital For Special Care, and Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The.
- There are 135 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village Gate of Farmington, The Landing of Farmington, and Touchpoints at Farmington.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 499 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Course at Tunxis Plantation Country Club, Country Club of Farmington, and Westwoods Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Westmoor Park, Talcott Mountain State Park, and Elizabeth Park Conservancy.
- There are 443 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Christ, Our Lady of Calvary Retreat, and St James Episcopal Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 378 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 160 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $130,814, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,546, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $55,319, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.63%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Farmington receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Farmington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Farmington has an average population density of 774.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Farmington have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Farmington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.62%.