Senior Living in Farnham, New York
Top zip codes in Farnham, NY: 14061
- Farnham scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Farnham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lake Shore Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including T L C Health Network Lake Shore Hospital Nursing Facility, The Comstock House, and Sturgeon Point Road Soira.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Grandview Golf Course, Rosebrook Golf Course, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Evangola State Park, Silver Creek Optical, and Creekside Outdoors.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Roman Catholic, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Chr, and St John Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,786, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,625, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,156, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.70%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Farnham receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Farnham has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Farnham has a sparse population density of 364.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Farnham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Farnham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.63%.