Senior Living in Fayetteville, New York
Top zip codes in Fayetteville, NY: 13066
- Fayetteville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Fayetteville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Syracuse Va Medical Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life\'s Changing Seasons Elder Care LLC, Brookdale Fayetteville, and Maple Downs.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 241 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Onondaga Golf & Country Club, Green Lakes State Park, and Lyndon Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Wild Birds Unlimited, Green Lakes State Park, and Burns Garfield Funeral Home Inc..
- There are 136 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Fayetteville, Trinity Episcopal Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 194 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 110 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,065, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,721, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $50,169, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fayetteville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Fayetteville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fayetteville has an average population density of 827.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fayetteville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Fayetteville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.24%.