Senior Living in Federal Way, Washington
- Federal Way scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Federal Way scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Community Hospital, Auburn Regional Medical Center, and Auburn Regional Medical Center.
- There are 372 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mm Infinity Care Adult Family Home, Hallmark Manor, and Brookdale Foundation House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 548 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Lakes Golf & Country Club, Christy\'s Golf Range & Par 3, and North Shore Golf Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden, Dash Point State Park, and Saltwater State Park.
- There are 250 churches in or near the city, including Christ Lutheran Church, St Theresa\'s Church, and Life Way Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 421 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 72 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,592, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,005, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,675, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.29%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Federal Way receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Federal Way has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Federal Way has a dense population density of 4,204.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Federal Way have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Federal Way has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.66%.