Senior Living in Felton, Delaware
Top zip codes in Felton, DE: 19943
- Felton scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- Felton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Care of Goldsboro Assisted Living, Delaware Veterans Home, and Heritage at Milford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Wild Quail Golf & Country Club, Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing, and Eagle Creek Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Killens Pond State Park, G&R Campground, and Brecknock County Park.
- There are 266 churches in or near the city, including Laws Mennonite Church, Felton United Methodist Church, and Healing Hands Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,677, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,340, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,068, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Felton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Felton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Felton has a sparse population density of 173.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Felton have an average daily commute time.
- Felton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.56%.