Senior Living in Felts Mills, New York
Top zip codes in Felts Mills, NY: 13638
- Felts Mills scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Felts Mills scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Samaritan Medical Center, Carthage Area Hospital, Inc, and Wilcox Army Community Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jefferson County Home - The Aged, The Country Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre, and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including White Pines Golf Course, Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club, and Ives Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy, Public Square, and Fairgrounds Ice Arena.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ, Life Church of Nazerene, and Watertown Assembly of God.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,449, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,094, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,106, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.42%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Felts Mills receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Felts Mills has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Felts Mills has a sparse population density of 309.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Felts Mills have a short daily commute time.
- Felts Mills has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.55%.