Senior Living in Fennimore, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Fennimore, WI: 53809
- Fennimore scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Fennimore scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Boscobel Area Health Care and Grant Reg Hlth Ctr).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Fennimore, Morningside Assisted Living, and Boscobel Care and Rehab.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Grove Golf Course, Lancaster Country Club, and Platteville Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Snow Bottom State Natural Area).
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.96% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,277, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,144, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,615, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fennimore receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fennimore has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Fennimore has a very sparse population density of 40.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fennimore have an average daily commute time.
- Fennimore has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.00%.