Senior Living in Ferndale, New York
Top zip codes in Ferndale, NY: 12734
- Ferndale scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Ferndale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Catskill Regional Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F, Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, and Sullivan County Adult Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Sullivan County Golf & Country Club, Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club, and Grossinger Resort -Lake/Vista.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Holiday Mountain Ski Area, Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Mikveh Taharas Y, United Methodist Church of Liberty, and Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,789, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $19,365, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,809, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.45%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ferndale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ferndale has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ferndale has a very sparse population density of 62.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ferndale have a very short daily commute time.
- Ferndale has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.13%.