Senior Living in Fishertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fishertown, PA: 15539
- Fishertown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fishertown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Windber Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Courtyard, Donahoe Manor, and Homewood at Spring House Estates.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including King Valley Golf Course, Indian Lake Golf Club, and Northwinds Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Campground, Friendship Village, and Shawnee State Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, Rice Herb L, and Koontz Church of Brethern.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $36,644, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,402, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,300, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fishertown receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fishertown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fishertown has a sparse population density of 361.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fishertown have a very short daily commute time.
- Fishertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.72%.