Senior Living in Fishkill, New York
Top zip codes in Fishkill, NY: 12524
- Fishkill scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Fishkill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Craig House Center, St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, and Keller Army Community Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wingate at Dutchess, Pine Ridge Adult Care, and Wingate at Beacon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Fishkill Golf Course, Southern Dutchess Country Club, and Casperkill Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Bowdoin County Park, Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, and Downing Park.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Fishkill Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 145 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,855, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,226, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,724, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fishkill receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fishkill has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fishkill has an average population density of 961.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fishkill have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Fishkill has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.30%.