Senior Living in Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Fiskdale, MA: 01518
- Fiskdale scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Fiskdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Harrington Memorial Hospital and Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sturbridge Retirement Community Associate Clubhouse, Southbridge Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and The Overlook Health Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Hemlock Ridge Golf Course, Bay Path Golf Course, and Cohasse Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wells State Park, Nipmuck State Forest, and Camp Ramah in New England.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Sturbridge Federated Church, and St Christopher\'s Rectory.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,914, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,207, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,429, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.26%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fiskdale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fiskdale has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Fiskdale has a sparse population density of 335.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fiskdale have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fiskdale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.75%.