Senior Living in Flagstaff, Arizona
- Flagstaff scores significantly lower than the Arizona average of 70.
- Flagstaff scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Flagstaff Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pine Meadows Ranch, Aspen Grove Companion Care, and Pines.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadow Course at Forest Highlands Golf Club, Flagstaff Ranch Golf Club, and Forest Highlands Golf Club -Canyon.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including East Elden Mt., J and H RV Park, and Flagstaff KOA.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Flaggstaff Federated Comm Chr, Nativity of the Bvm Chapel, and Episcopal Church-Epiphany.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.11% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,604, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,880, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,581, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,626 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $34,489 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Flagstaff receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Flagstaff has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Flagstaff has a dense population density of 3,159.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Flagstaff have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Flagstaff has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.22%.