Senior Living in Flanders, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Flanders, NJ: 07836
- Flanders scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Flanders scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, Morristown Memorial Hospital, and Greystone Park Psych Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bentley Commons at Paragon Village, Merry Heart Nursing Home, and Nazareth Village Maintenance Dept.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 258 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 130 golf courses in or around the city, including Red/Gold Course at Flanders Valley Golf Club, Lake Lackawanna Golf Course, and Mendham Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Turkey Brook Park, Hopatcong State Park, and Hacklebarney State Park.
- There are 116 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Flanders Presbyterian Church, and St Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 110 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $124,256, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,435, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,490, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Flanders receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Flanders has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Flanders has an average population density of 787.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Flanders have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Flanders has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.49%.