Senior Living in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fleetwood, PA: 19522
- Fleetwood scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fleetwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grand View Manor, Evans Retirement Center, and Kutztown Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 85 golf courses in or around the city, including Golden Oaks Country Club, Rich Maiden Golf Course, and Moselem Springs Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Crystal Cave, Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground, and Berks County Park.
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including Salem Shalters Lutheran Church, Christ Evangelical Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 160 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,138, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,604, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,802, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fleetwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fleetwood has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fleetwood has a sparse population density of 316.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fleetwood have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fleetwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.59%.