Senior Living in Floral, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Floral, AR: 72534
- Floral scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Floral scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountain Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, White River Medical Center Palliative Care, and Wood-Lawn Heights.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including The Course at Eagle Mountain, Batesville Country Club, and Batesville Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Jim Kress WMA, Big Creek Natural Area, and Speedway RV Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Assembly of God Church and Assembly of God Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,043, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,672, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,911, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Floral receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Floral has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Floral has a very sparse population density of 21.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Floral have a very long daily commute time.
- Floral has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.98%.