Senior Living in Florida, New York
Top zip codes in Florida, NY: 10921
- Florida scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Florida scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, St Anthony Community Hospital, and Orange Regional Medical Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Valley View Center For Nursing Care and Rehab, Hope Gardens, Inc., and Ellenville II Senior Housing.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 146 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Warwick Valley Country Club, Hickory Hill Golf Course, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including The Rock Sports Park, Good Time Park, and Goose Pond Mountain State Park.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Christ Episcopal Church, and Lutheran Church-Good Shepherd.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,858, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,226, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,978, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Florida receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Florida has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Florida has an average population density of 509.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Florida have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Florida has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.67%.