Senior Living in Flourtown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Flourtown, PA: 19031
- Flourtown scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Flourtown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 60 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northwestern Institute, Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital, and Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- There are 248 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whitemarsh House, Saint Joseph Villa, and Harston Hall.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1688 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 173 golf courses in or around the city, including Flourtown Country Club, Philadelphia Cricket Club, and Sandy Run Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, Curtis Arboretum, and Norristown Farm Park.
- There are 716 churches in or near the city, including St Genevieve\'s Church, Flourtown Church of God, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 961 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 50 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 476 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,630, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $96,607, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,029, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Flourtown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Flourtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Flourtown has a dense population density of 1,635.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Flourtown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Flourtown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.95%.