Senior Living in Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fogelsville, PA: 18051
- Fogelsville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fogelsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cornerstone Living, Mosser Nursing Home, and Luther Crest.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 220 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 79 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The, Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Allentown KOA, Trexler Nature Preserve, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 167 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Hope Community Church, and Heiser Elwood L.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 128 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 101 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $115,768, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,886, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,449, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fogelsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fogelsville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fogelsville has a sparse population density of 397.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fogelsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fogelsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.52%.