Senior Living in Folcroft, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Folcroft, PA: 19032
- Folcroft scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Folcroft scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and St Agnes Medical Center.
- There are 188 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Little Flower Manor, and White Cliff Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1347 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 167 golf courses in or around the city, including Springfield Country Club, Rolling Green Golf Club, and McCall Field Golf Course.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Governor Printz Park, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 646 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Highway Church of Christ, and First African Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 973 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 37 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 360 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,867, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,134, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,079, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.53%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Folcroft receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Folcroft has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Folcroft has a dense population density of 6,502.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Folcroft have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Folcroft has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.52%.