Senior Living in Forestville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Forestville, PA: 16035
- Forestville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Forestville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grove City Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Transitions Healthcare Autumn Grove, Amity Slippery Rock Personal Care Home, and Home 2 Me.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Shamrock Public Golf Course, Oakview Golf Club, and Valley View Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest, The Birdwatchers Store, and Jennings Environmental Education Center.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Anschutz Richard D, St Alphonsus Catholic Parish, and Parish of St Peter.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,964, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,906, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,515, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.54%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Forestville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Forestville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Forestville has a sparse population density of 217.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Forestville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Forestville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.14%.