Senior Living in Fort Myers, Florida
- Fort Myers scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Fort Myers scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lee Memorial Hospital, Southwest Florida Reg Med Ctr, and Cape Coral Hospital.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Palms of Fort Myers, Page Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, and Winkler Court.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 339 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Vines Golf & Country Club, The, San Carlos Golf Course, and Heritage Royal Course at Heritage Palms Golf & Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Edison and Ford Winter Estates, Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium, and Terry Park.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including St Paul Missionary Baptist Chr, Friendship Baptist Church, and St Francis Xavier Catholic Chr.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 183 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,408, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,497, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,294, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,413 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,240 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fort Myers receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fort Myers has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Fort Myers has a dense population density of 1,736.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fort Myers have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fort Myers has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.09%.