Senior Living in Fort Washington, Maryland
Top zip codes in Fort Washington, MD: 20744
- Fort Washington scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Fort Washington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fort Washington Hospital, Southern Maryland Hospital Center, and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eby Health Services II, Fort Washington Health Center, and Bronwyn Manor, LLC.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 804 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 91 golf courses in or around the city, including Henson Creek Golf Course, Tantallon Country Club, and Belle Haven Country Club.
- There are 49 parks near the city center, including Fort Foote Park, Fort Washington Park, and Fort Hunt Park.
- There are 1017 churches in or near the city, including Bethany Christian Church, Fort Foote Baptist Church, and Harvey Memorial Baptist Church.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 602 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 243 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,030, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,776, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,682, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.73%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fort Washington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fort Washington has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fort Washington has a dense population density of 1,925.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fort Washington have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Fort Washington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.48%.