Senior Living in Fort Worth, Texas
- Fort Worth scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Fort Worth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Baylor All Saints Medical Center At Fw, and Jps Health Network.
- There are 178 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greatest Gen Senior Housing, Cathedral Rock Corporation, and Trinity Terrace.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 627 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 85 golf courses in or around the city, including Sycamore Creek Golf Course, River Crest Country Club, and Carswell Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Trinity Park, Rockwood Park, and Fort Worth Botanic Garden.
- There are 402 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, St Patrick Cathedral, and Mount Gilead Baptist Church.
- There are 35 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 362 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 161 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,690, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,928, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,161, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fort Worth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fort Worth has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Fort Worth has a dense population density of 3,394.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fort Worth have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Fort Worth has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.02%.