Senior Living in Fredonia, New York
Top zip codes in Fredonia, NY: 14063
- Fredonia scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Fredonia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fredonia Place, WCA Home, and Chautauqua County Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillview Golf Course, Cassadaga Lakes Country Club, and Shorewood Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Creekside Outdoors and Blue Water Beach Campground).
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Episcopal Church, St Anthony\'s Church, and St Joseph Parish.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,640, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,879, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,727, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.86%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fredonia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Fredonia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Fredonia has a sparse population density of 294.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fredonia have a very short daily commute time.
- Fredonia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.62%.