Senior Living in Fredonia, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Fredonia, PA: 16124
- Fredonia scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Fredonia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upmc Horizon and Edgewood Surgical Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greystone Country Estates, Avalon Springs Nursing Center, and Countryside Conval Home Ltd Pa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Hill Golf Course, Greenville Country Club, and Mercer Public Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Farma Family Campground, Shenango Valley RV Park, and RV Village Camping Resort.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Clarks Mills United Methodist, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,887, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,270, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,265, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fredonia receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fredonia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Fredonia has a very sparse population density of 79.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fredonia have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Fredonia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.71%.