Senior Living in Freeburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Freeburg, PA: 17827
- Freeburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Freeburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Sunbury Community Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grayson View, Brookdale Grayson View, and The Manor at Penn Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Shade Mountain Golf Club, Susquehanna Valley Country Club, and Sunny Hill Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve and Shikellamy State Park).
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Sound Truth Ministries, Freeburg United Methodist Chr, and First United Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,708, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,667, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,558, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Freeburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Freeburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Freeburg has a sparse population density of 342.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Freeburg have an average daily commute time.
- Freeburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.62%.