Senior Living in Freedom, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Freedom, PA: 15042
- Freedom scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Freedom scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Hospital Cranberry, Heritage Valley Beaver, and Heritage Valley Sewickley.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rochester Manor+villa, Sherwood Oaks, and Your Own Retirement, LLC.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 216 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 119 golf courses in or around the city, including Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, Ambridge Country Club, and Seven Oaks Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Three Rivers Paintball and Airsoft, Cranberry Township Community Park, and Old Economy Village.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Evangelical Lutheran, St Felix Roman Catholic Church, and Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 95 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 82 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,012, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,062, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,298, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.58%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Freedom receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Freedom has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Freedom has a sparse population density of 486.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Freedom have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Freedom has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.32%.