Senior Living in Freeport, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Freeport, MN: 56331
- Freeport scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Freeport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Albany Area Hospital, Centracare Health System - Melrose Hospital, and Melrose Area Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mother of Mercy Campus of Care, CentraCare Health - Melrose Park View Center, and CentraCare Health - Melrose Pine Villa Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Albany Golf Club, Meadowlark Country Club, and Lynx National Golf Course, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sauk River Park, Melrose City Administration, and Cedar Lake Memorial Park Campground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Rectory, St Rose of Lima Church, and St Francis Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,385, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,027, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,669, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.52%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Freeport receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Freeport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Freeport has a very sparse population density of 29.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Freeport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Freeport has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.80%.