Senior Living in Frewsburg, New York
Top zip codes in Frewsburg, NY: 14738
- Frewsburg scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Frewsburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Woman\'s Christian Association).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frewsburg Rest Home For Adults, Chautauqua County Group Home, and Lutheran.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Blueberry Hill Golf Club, Blueberry Hill Golf Club, and Cable Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Homestead Park Campground, Red Oak Campground, and Roger Tory Peterson Institute.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, Zion Lutheran Church, and Akeley United Methodist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,035, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,811, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,651, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.96%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Frewsburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Frewsburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Frewsburg has a very sparse population density of 55.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Frewsburg have a very short daily commute time.
- Frewsburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.49%.