Senior Living in Fruita, Colorado
Top zip codes in Fruita, CO: 81521
- Fruita scores higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Fruita scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Family Health West).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Oaks Assisted Living, Family Health West Nursing Home, and Comfort Care Assisted Living Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Adobe Creek National Golf Course, Tiara Rado Golf Course, and Golf Club at Redlands Mesa, The.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Snooks Bottom Open Space, James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park, and Monument RV Park.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Canyon View Vineyard Church, and Appleton Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,205, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,481, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,923, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,330 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.77%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fruita receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Fruita has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Fruita has a sparse population density of 104.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fruita have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Fruita has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.25%.