Senior Living in Fultonham, New York
Top zip codes in Fultonham, NY: 12071
- Fultonham scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Fultonham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Van Allers Adult Home).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, Stamford Golf Course, and Stamford Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hide A Way Camp Sites and Nickerson Park Campground Inc).
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine\'s Church, United Methodist Church, and St Mark\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,425, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,806, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.36%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Fultonham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fultonham has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Fultonham has a very sparse population density of 29.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fultonham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Fultonham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.22%.