Senior Living in Furlong, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Furlong, PA: 18925
- Furlong scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Furlong scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Warminster Hospital, Doylestown Hospital, and Foundations Behavioral Health.
- There are 142 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Manor at York Town, Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Greenleaf Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 577 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 175 golf courses in or around the city, including Neshaminy Valley Golf Club, Bucks County Country Club, and Bucks County Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Tyler State Park, Graeme Park, and Bowman\'s Hill Wildflower Preserve.
- There are 178 churches in or near the city, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Forest Grove Presbyterian Chr, and Redeemer Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 162 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 224 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $154,769, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $126,103, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $51,504, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.20%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Furlong receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Furlong has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Furlong has an average population density of 576.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Furlong have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Furlong has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.00%.