Senior Living in Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Gaithersburg scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Gaithersburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Potomac Ridge, and Montgomery General Hospital Inc.
- There are 149 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wilson Health Care Center, Kindley Assisted Living at Asbury Methodist Village, and Asbury Methodist Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 462 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 111 golf courses in or around the city, including Montgomery Village Golf Club, Needwood Golf Course -Main, and Lakewood Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Patuxent River State Park, Brookside Gardens, and Great Falls Grange Park.
- There are 277 churches in or near the city, including St Martin\'s Catholic Community, First Baptist Church, and Church of the Ascension.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 260 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 180 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $119,105, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $98,548, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,651, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gaithersburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gaithersburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Gaithersburg has a dense population density of 2,835.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gaithersburg have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Gaithersburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.67%.